Monday, July 13, 2009

accessorizing...

This is totally not my forte. I finally, after 2 weeks, started to unpack all the decorative stuff from the boxes in our guest rooms. This is what I've done so far...basically just thrown stuff on shelves. Feel FREE to comment and give me any constructive criticism of what you might do differently.

dining room before:
(i hate those bamboo panels, for the record.
they will be changed out for blinds & drapes.)
dining room after:the mantel. (we'll actually hang the picture)
the entry.

what would you do differently?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I like what you did with the entry! And I love the shelves! So pretty!

The only thing I would do is hang a larger picture over the fireplace.

But either way it all looks gorgeous and is coming along really nicely!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

The entry way looks good and those shelves fit perfectly! I agree about the fireplace, maybe a bigger picture or something else on the mantel. I can't put my finger on it but just something. YOu will get there!!! Looks good:)

Will and Vanessa said...

I agree about the fireplace too. Also, I like your fluted bowl on your dining table, but I think it might be too high with how low the lighting hangs. Also, when you have people over, it seems like might block the view of people sitting down. Just a little thought. :)

Nikki said...

It looks great! I love what you did with the shelves. I have a dark dining table like that and find that sprucing it up with table linens/dishes really helps add some flair (I always tend to copy ideas from the Crate & Barrel tables). I change my table every season. It's also a good way to add a little extra color.